Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Teachers' Day

16th of May is a day given to all students, no matter what are they doing now, engineer, doctor, lawyer, minister, nurse, still study, etc... even the housewife to appreciate their teachers. But, how do we as a students now or before show our thankfulness to our teacher?

When I was in primary school especially in SK Sg Paoh, we will prepare some presents to our teachers. No money but we have drawing book and colour pencils to show our appreciation with our handmade cards. During that time, I never think of what is in my teachers' mind when they receive the cards or the second hand pencils and eraser. Heh...

Now, me myself being a teacher. Some of my students gave me vegetables and fruits everytime they came back from their longhouse. Yesterday my students gave me coconut, preserve food, flowers, cards and the boys wish me "Happy teacher's day" with a big smile.


Our school celebrated Teacher's Day yesterday. We had an assembly in the morning with two big cakes, two songs - Guru Malaysia (Malaysian Teacher) and Pendidik Bumi Kenyalang (The Land of Hornbill Educater), poems by students, etc. Later we had the games participated by the teachers only. Well.... photos speak louder than words.


My team... second place overall.


The biggest balloon


Water in the bottle


Today is our day...


Enjoy yourselves teachers!!!!



4 comments:

Chris Anakapai said...

hi grace...
i see familiar faces in the pics. Veronica is your colleague kan? She's my senior in Kai Chung. Regards to her and Ursula.

Anonymous said...

happy teachers day to u too!


chrissie

hornbill said...

Vero from bintangor. I'll send your regards to both of them.Chrissie, u also a teacher? Happy Teacher's Day!!!

SIB KingFisher said...

ya happy teacher's day. my cam? very penat la today. go to sibu then come home take contractor to house for painting. aiya.....